Thurs, Dec 20th at 2:00pm
The third grade team would like to invite you to a very special holiday craft. It is sure to be a lot of fun and you will have a beautiful centerpiece and wonderful memories to take home with you for the holidays!
What we will need:
- Container : (A Cool whip container or similarly sized container works best) *Please send a container in (with your child’s name on it) as soon as possible. If you have any extra containers at home that you are willing to donate, please send those in as well.
- Holiday Ribbon (and hot glue guns): This will be used to decorate the outside of the container. (We have some hot glue guns. If anyone else has one and is willing to contribute some glue for the glue guns, please let us know. It is usually a good idea to have a few glue stations going for a group this size.)
- Small garden clippers: (*For adult use only) We will need to trim the tree clippings as the students create their masterpieces. We always seem to be in need of more scissors or clippers to cut the trimmings. Please consider bringing some in, if you have them. *Important: Please do not send clippers in to school with your child.
- Evergreen tree clippings and accents: These clippings will make your child’s centerpiece special and unique. Please cut and send in/bring in different tree clippings. Don’t worry if you don’t have a diverse Evergreen selection in your yard. Bring whatever you have. Plenty of sharing and trading goes on. If anyone has a Holly bush, the branches with red berries make great centerpiece accents. *Don’t cut the clippings too early. (The closer to the 21st, the better.) If cut too early, they will dry out and the centerpiece won’t last as long. Please do not send the clippings in to school before the 21st.
- Candle and wet foam: (we will provide and prepare these.)
- Volunteers to run the hot glue stations: Each class will need approximately two or three volunteers to help run the hot glue/ribbon stations.
The third grade team