Snow, record-cold temperatures, quick thaw to mild temperatures and now flood warnings and rain…..our New England weather has certainly been a wild ride so far in 2018!
In spite of these crazy weather patterns, it has been great to finally get back to a full week of school and our third grade routines. I have really missed seeing the kids on a regular schedule. This week was good for all of us.
A few things….
- Thank you to everyone who has donated to our Haddam Fuel Bank Fundraiser. It is heartwarming to see the students’ smiles as they drop their handfuls of change into our classroom container. You are raising wonderful, caring and compassionate young people. If you haven’t had a chance to send in a donation yet, don’t worry. *We will continue to collect money all next week. There will be a Twins-Day on Friday, the 19th and anyone who has made a donation can dress like a twin with anyone in the school! Fun!!
- Please have your child continue practicing LEXIA at home. I am seeing some great progress with students who are consistently practicing. Keep up the great work!
- Parent volunteers: Let me know if you would like to come in to help students during our writing workshop time (10:40-11:35). Send me an email with a day that works for you and I will sign you up on our schedule. Thank you!
Important Dates in January:
- Mon, Jan 8th – Friday, January 19th – Student Council Fundraiser for Haddam Food Bank
- Sat, January 13th - Happy Birthday to Aedan!
- Mon, January 15th – MLK Day – School Closed
- Fri, January 19th – Twin Day!- Student Council Fundraiser
- Tues, January 23rd – Happy Birthday to Gabby!
- Tues, January 23rd – Early Dismissal Portfolio Day
- Wed, January 24th – Maker Space Day with our Buddy Class
- Wed, January 24th – Early Dismissal Professional Development